How to effectively fight your fears
Every Filipinos have their own fears, for some it could be the fear of losing your love ones, fear of failing, fear of not succeeding or fear of not being able to say what you really want say.
People are different from one to another and so does our fears. It may look unharmful living your life in fear and keeping yourself in your personal space secluded from your chance in maximizing your potential as a person.
Today let me share some helpful tips:
1. Don’t to be too hard unto yourself and take the time to breathe during the times of despair or trials. It’s impossible to think clearly when you’re flooded with fear or anxiety.
2. Face your fears head on! Avoiding your fears only makes you weak and vulnerable. Whatever you fear, if you face it, it will eventually fade.
3. Remember that fear is Fantasizes Experience Appearing Real. You haven’t even experience it, you are afraid already. Remember the first time you were asked to ride a roller coaster? What did you tell yourself?
Well, my personal experience when my children asked me to ride the Space Shuttle in Enchanted Kingdom, I said “What if I throw up? What if something goes wrong?” Nothing has happened except in my mind. But when I had no choice but to accompany my daughter at Six Flags in New Jersey, I had to conquer my fear. And I loved it!! Superman, Green Lantern rides… I know I can do it again. Does that mean I won’t get scared anymore. Oh no! Just looking at the rides scares me. I just tell myself now, I can conquer my fear. I have done it once. Others have done it. So can I.
It helps to challenge those thoughts by looking into your inner soul and remind yourself that everything can be conquer, if you want to. The choice is yours.
4. Visualize a happy place and talk about it. Take a moment to close your eyes and imagine your dreams as it becomes your reality. Let the positive vibe soothe you until you feel more relax focused and ready to fend off those trials along your way.
Sharing fears takes it away a lot of their scariness if share it to others. Since you can get a helpful insight from people who have experience it firsthand be successful in overcoming them.
5. Always have faith and believe in Him who sees and who knows our struggles that He will help you conquer in every step of the way.
Many of us have indulge in doing things in our own way since we fear the unknown and we fail to be reliant to God.
Take time and have a devotion and a moment of prayer dedicated to Him.
Remember that fear is the opposite of faith.
We have heard this said many time: to see is to believe. It really is: To believe is to see.
Let’s believe we can have a better life than what we have now. We must not fear to believe, to dream bigger! Let’s conquer our fear always.
Join me as we make it to our #journeyto100000ph Filipino lives even bigger and better!